Step by Step|
This defense is used when an attacker will hug the victim and hold both arms. For demonstration, the defense is performed to the right side.
- The attacker grabs the victim in a front hug, pinning the arms together.
- The victim should relax and hold the attacker with both hands. The purpose of relaxing is to avoid alarming the attacker of the defense.
- At a moment of surprise, the victim should use a powerful knee strike to the groin to stun the attacker.
- Using the same leg used in the knee strike, the victim should step to the outside and behind the attacker's front leg, hold the shoulder/arm, and use a palm to the chin to trip the attacker over the leg that is behind the attacker. Note: If the attacker's right leg is in front, then use the right knee/leg to attack. If the attacker's left leg is in front, then the left knee/leg should be used. If the attacker is not leaning any way, then any leg can be used.
- Finish the defense with a powerful axe kick to the ribs or lower chest.
- Leave the area calmly and quickly to avoid another attack. Be aware of additional attackers.
Optional Finishing Technique
- When the attacker lands on the floor, quickly slide the hand holding the arm and grab the top of the attacker's hand with both hands.
Note: The defender's thumbs should cover the top of the attacker's hand by the middle knuckle. The defender's four fingers should be on the wrist (under the palm) and used as a lever to control the wrist.
- Powerfully drive the elbow to the ground while applying downward pressure on the top of the hand/wrist.
- Powerfully twist the hand/wrist and point the attacker's fingers toward the top of the attacker's head. This applies painful pressure to the wrist and shoulder.
- Again, leave the area calmly and quickly to avoid another attack. Be aware of additional attackers.