|The Most Common Posture Problems to Avoid|
- Sit correctly (upright) while eating.
- Chew your food with both sides of your mouth.
- Do not cross your legs while sitting.
- Do not sit on your wallet (when it is in your back
- Do not lie down when reading or watching television, sit
- Do not fall asleep while sitting up.
- Do not sleep on your stomach. Sleeping on your side or
on your back is much better.
- Do not wedge a telephone between your shoulder and your
ear on order to have two hands free.
- When lifting heavy objects bend your knees, take a
breath and hold it, then straighten up.
- Do not carry a heavy shoulder bag or briefcase, or if
you must, change side frequently.
- Drive a car with hands on the wheel at the 2:00 and
10:00 positions, and do not lean the body.
- If a repetitive motion is necessary, change sides or
take a break and stretch, often. (ex.: working at a cash
- Wear comfortable shoes that fit correctly.
- Don't slouch.